Onto the Page is a fast-paced, multi-client, multi-sector agency where we’ve always got a variety of bids and projects on the go. It’s a bit of a cliché to say ‘every day is different’, but in our case it’s absolutely true!
With a huge variety of clients – and new ones joining us all the time – the content we work on is always changing. There’s definitely no better place to experience working across loads of different sectors and client types, from SMEs to international household names.
And we’re not just all about the bids – you’ll have the chance to get stuck into everything from client projects and delivering training, to all kinds of marketing and business development activities.
Our office is a hugely supportive place; we’re a small, closely-knit team where everyone plays an absolutely vital role – and we make sure they know it! Our workload can be intense, but the team shares it out so no-one’s left working long into the night as a deadline approaches.
At Onto the Page you’re in a high trust, high challenge environment where we’re firmly focused on supporting and upskilling team members. We encourage everyone to achieve their best and there’s always something new to learn – whether that’s through on-the-job guidance, or funded external training and studies.
What you can expect from us
- A challenging and supportive environment where you can learn and grow
- A team that celebrates the good stuff and recognises your contributions
- A place where you can shape your own development journey
- Access to what must be one of the biggest banks of winning bids in the country!
What we expect from you
- A team player happy to roll up their sleeves and tackle whatever task is at hand
- A highly motivated self-starter able to work under pressure without compromising on quality
- A lifelong learner keen to acquire new skills and develop existing ones
Our company values are central to our success:
Service excellence and a right first time approach
- Having the right training and tools in place sets us up for success
- Internal peer reviews, lessons learned sessions and client feedback all help us improve
- Our experiences feed into improving our processes and Quality Management System.
Trust, integrity and honesty
- High levels of support and honest feedback help team members grow
- We know we can count on each other for both practical and emotional support.
Future-thinking and forward-looking
- As APMP members (our professional body) we’ve got access to a wide range of industry insights, knowledge and events
- We’re constantly adding new resources to our company body of knowledge as our industry evolves and changes.
Social and environmental responsibility
- We’re a Living Wage Foundation employer
- We support our local community through volunteering projects and charity donations
- We minimise our waste and maximise our recycling
- For every bid we win, we plant a tree through the World Land Trust.
Team member journeys
We recruit based on finding people with the right skills who match our values and work ethic – and most importantly, who will fit well into our team. But once you’re here, where you go is up to you; we’re very proud of the fact that we support people in shaping their own career paths at Onto the Page. Every journey is different – what could yours look like?
In June 2016, Sarah joined us as a temporary bid writer/manager for four months before heading overseas for eight months. Keen to re-join the business when she returned, she’s now managing the bid team and driving the company functions that help to set us all up for success.
Since starting with Onto the Page in January 2022 as a Bid Writer, Raj has become an essential part of our team. Her thirst for knowledge, self-awareness, and drive to improve has resulted in Raj being fast tracked onto a Bid Manager development path. We can’t wait to see what she does next!
Here is Raj’s story, in her own words:
“Having always had a keen interest in the study of modern foreign languages and the written word, my previous roles in project management weren’t necessarily the direct career path I had envisaged for myself after University!
It did however provide me with an astute technical and commercial foundation, which would prove to be indispensable entering the multifaceted and dynamic world of bids.
Being a bid writer has provided me with a unique opportunity to combine the commercial expertise I have acquired through previous roles, with my inherent passion of language and the impact of the written word within the business world.
Onto the Page is a supportive environment of like-minded professionals, who constantly learn from and challenge one other to produce winning bids of the highest quality. It’s professionally and personally fulfilling to be a part of this incredible team.
I am now excited to be on a journey to become a Bid Manager and to begin working on my APMP Foundation certification.”
We’re always on the lookout for experienced freelancers who can support our bid capacity, particularly consultants with specialisms.
To find out about our minimum standards and discuss working with us, click here to get in touch.