Deadline: 30th April 2021
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Onto the Page, 114 Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton, Leeds, LS7 4NY, with some element of home working if preferred (once pandemic restrictions are lifted) and as agreed.
We’re looking for:
A skilled, motivated bid writer to help maintain our winning reputation across a multi-sector client base. We need someone to step right into the mix, able to quickly grasp and write about complex, technical concepts in a compelling style that perfectly captures the right tone of voice.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be involved in a broad portfolio of bids, working with clients and the rest of the Onto the Page team to help create sparkling content that wows the evaluators and goes on to win. You’ll be encouraging clients to tell their best stories, questioning, challenging and cajoling them in equal measure.
Pretty quickly, we’d like you to be managing bids too; tackling each tender as a discrete project, and overseeing the process end-to-end.
You’ll also help us to engage new clients; helping to convince prospects that engaging Onto the Page is the best outsourcing decision they could make, and then ensuring they enjoy a great experience from the moment we start helping them.
Management of a multi-client, concurrent bid workload, supported by colleagues, to challenging deadlines.
1. Bid content creation (approximately 70% of workload)
Duties to include:
- Ongoing client engagement (at subject matter level), including:
- Answer planning
- Gap analysis
- Undertaking research for model answers
- Commissioning new / missing content from the client / their suppliers, coaching and supporting contributors on writing best practice
- Writing and editing content, including all amendments
- Securing final approval, ready for submission.
- Contribution to knowledge management duties post bid submission, working with the Content and Knowledge Manager to help keep client information updated
- Internal administration as per our ISO9001-certification.
2. Management of bids (approximately 20% of workload)
Duties to include:
- Initial client engagement
- Supporting the client’s decision to bid
- Bid process management (end-to-end, including submission of SQs or equivalent, ITT/RFX or equivalent) with the support of the Bid Co-ordinator
- Ongoing client engagement, including supporting solution development as required and leading the bid feedback / lessons learnt process.
3. Other duties (approximately 10% of workload)
- Peer review of colleagues’ work
- Supporting our continuous improvement initiatives
- Award writing
- Business development:
- Networking and event attendance to promote the Company and generate leads
- Writing proposals and issuing quotes to capture new clients
- Supporting the Company’s marketing plan
- Onboarding new clients.
- Mentoring of junior members of the team as they progress their personal development plans
- Other duties as directed by the MD or Senior Bid Manager.
Personal attributes / skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- A forensic and unwavering approach to detail and accuracy
- The ability to engage and develop effective relationships with subject matter experts at all levels in order to ensure their expertise is reflected in written content
- An energetic and outgoing team player with high levels of integrity, confidence and resilience who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to tackle the task at hand – whatever it might be on a given day
- A creative thinker and an individual keen on developing existing skills as well as learning new ones
- A highly organised individual with impeccable time management skills
- A highly motivated self-starter and completer/finisher who is able to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines, but who will not compromise on quality in such circumstances
- An individual with a strong business acumen, who feels comfortable in solving problems, making decisions, and handling contractual and commercial negotiations with prospects and existing clients
- A lifelong learner, who will embrace the opportunity to acquire new skills and ideas, through self-study and on-the-job learning.
- Confidence in undertaking numerical and data analysis
- Confidence in public speaking / delivering of training to groups.
- Creating written content in a variety of styles in a commercial environment
- A good level of knowledge about business management best practice in service-based industries.
- Working knowledge of bid management of private and public sector procurement
- Communicating and influencing to a senior level.
- Educated to degree level, or having relevant work experience
- Accreditation to UKAPMP Foundation level desirable but not essential.
- Starting salary: £30k, increasing once you are undertaking bid manager duties
- 28 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays (8 days)
- Generous workplace pension (employer contribution 5%)
- Funding of UKAPMP membership and Foundation and Practitioner accreditation
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Team development programme (power hours, coaching/mentoring, volunteering activities, etc).
About Onto the Page
Founded in 2008, we are a dynamic, multi-client agency based in Leeds. Ours is a unique environment: we’re a small team working on a huge range of clients who themselves cover pretty much every sector going. This means we’ve got a incredible amount of experience in the bank, and that equally, no two days (or bids!) are ever the same.
Over the years we’ve worked on over 800 bids, to the public and private sectors, representing opportunities worth hundreds of millions of pounds to our clients. We won well over 80% of them. Client satisfaction levels are exemplary.
We also deliver highly-rated masterclasses on bids and proposals, alongside tailored training and coaching to in-house bid teams. Hundreds of people have benefited from the help we give them to tackle bids and tenders themselves.
If you’re an ambitious kind of individual, joining our team will transform the way you think about your future career. Here, you can carve your own path, taking advantage of the phenomenal body of knowledge that exists in the team – and in our incredible knowledge bases. We don’t have a progression path that’s set in stone – if you’re willing and able, we’ll simply support you as you grow. There are no limits!
Onto the Page is proud to be an accredited Living Wage employer and an equal opportunities employer.