writing to win
We are looking for a Bid Assistant to join our busy team. This role is ideal for someone looking to develop their bid writing skills – we offer coaching, formal training, APMP (industry) certification, career progression opportunities and a great financial package.
Reporting Structure: reporting directly to the Managing Director and Business Operations Manager, working closely with the Bid Manager, and Knowledge & Content Manager from whom instructions and updates will be regularly provided. Working closely with the Business Support Executive.
Location: Chapel Allerton, Leeds, LS7 4NY
- Bid support for a key client
- To take direction from the Business Operations Manager who heads-up this client account.
- To take responsibility for the daily checking of tender portals:
- Recording clarification questions for live bids, ensuring they are actioned by the relevant people on time.
- Checking for tender award notifications and analysing feedback.
- Downloading relevant information for new bids.
- To determine the scale of work and preparing quotes for the client.
- Set up the bid project, including the completion of PQQs / SQs, populating the response with boilerplate information, and gathering required supporting documentation.
- Assist the General Business Manager with the completion of the bid project, occasionally submitting bids on relevant portals.
- Maintain a feedback register / improvements log for the client.
- Manage the collation and filing of new bid information in the bid library software (Knowledge Central).
- To take responsibility for all associated client administration.
- Admin support for the tender opportunity search service
- To conduct the daily ‘first stage’ of the tender opportunity search service two days each week, identifying suitable bidding opportunities for clients and prospects.
- To conduct the process for registering interest for tender opportunities on behalf of clients / obtaining additional tender documents as required.
- To read and understand tender documents and send emails to clients outlining key points for these tender opportunities.
- Support for bid activity knowledge management and Knowledge Central
To support the Knowledge and Content Manager, duties may include:
- assisting on bespoke bid knowledge management projects for Knowledge Central clients.
- the ongoing marketing and promotion of the Knowledge Central product.
- supporting the on-boarding process for new Knowledge Central self-service clients (including the population of bid libraries).
- General support for the bid team
- To assist the bid team in bid administration and bid activities as required.
- Keep up to date with schedules & deadlines, potential projects and success statistics.
- Other duties
Any other duties as directed, to include:
- To support activities that identify, develop and build relationships with prospective clients, including attendance at meetings, networking events or other events.
- All related follow-up sales / business development activities.
This job requires:
- Proven experience of working within a bid team environment
- An energetic and outgoing, extrovert team player with high levels of resilience, who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to tackle the task at hand – whatever it might be on a given day
- An individual sharing the company’s values of hard work, integrity, honesty, expertise and great service
- A skilled, confident verbal communicator, able to hold their own at events such as networking sessions
- Impeccable written English skills
- A quick learner
- A creative thinker and problem solver with lots of initiative
- A highly motivated self-starter and completer/finisher who will take responsibility for a task, is able to work under pressure but who will not compromise on quality
- An individual with good business acumen, who feels comfortable in making decisions
- A lifelong learner, who will embrace the opportunity to acquire new skills and ideas, potentially through self-study (sponsored by the company)
- Excellent organisation skills
- An eye for accuracy & detail
- Ability to work under pressure & deliver documents of an exceptionally high standard, whilst working towards challenging deadlines
- Proof reading abilities
- Flexibility required. The bid team is an incredibly busy department with strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently & as a team member.
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Organisation and time management
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Educated to at least A-level (degree level preferable), or having suitable work experience.
- Driver with own vehicle
- Competitive salary (£21,000 to £23,000 /year) & generous pension
- Opportunity for growth & career progression
- Support for APMP (industry) certification
- Great working location
- Close-knit team
Onto the Page is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to: Joanna@ontothepage.co.uk